We are an independent mom-run online parenting magazine serving York Region.Please visit our homepage and enjoy all the information there, as well visit our blog, where we post news and information about baby & kids related information affecting new & expectant parents.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld


We're at that stage in our house where our 2 1/2 year old has let us know on numerous occasions when faced with a vegetable, that "I, no like it" and either spits it out or ignores the fact that there is a piece of broccoli on his plate. Like many parents we try and try again and sometimes he eats, but most of the time he doesn't.

A few weeks ago I heard some buzz about a new cookbook called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld and was intrigued. Last Friday I saw her on the Oprah show, and after watching ordered the book. This was the first time that I've actually purchased a book from watching Oprah....

The whole premise behind the book is not new, we can hide veggies in our kids food -- but the recipes are brilliant!

I got it in the mail today and I am super excited and super impressed by the book. It's totally cute and retro in design and laid out so well. The recipes ranges from hiding cauliflower in scrambled eggs to Pita Pizzas with spinach.

I also love the idea that Jessica, does hide the vegetables and fruit in the food -- but also still serves vegetables to her children, as kids have to learn that these are important and needed to be healthy and happy.

I'm so excited to get going! Grocery shopping tomorrow, followed by pureeing and then cooking for my family. I'll be updating you soon with my favourite recipes from the book. You can check out some of the recipes here and you can purchase at any bookstore.