We are an independent mom-run online parenting magazine serving York Region.Please visit our homepage and enjoy all the information there, as well visit our blog, where we post news and information about baby & kids related information affecting new & expectant parents.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Get Organized! Family Medical Journal



Description: The Get Organized! Family Medical Journal was created by a GTA mom of three who after she had her twin girls, and her eldest daughter was 3½, suddenly I had a lot of medical
information to remember from doctor's appointments for all three of them, not to mention herself and her husband. Additionally, unfortunately, one of her girls was born with some medical issues
which required specialized treatment, through Sick Kids Hospital.

Jodie would try to write down questions she had in preparation for appointments on a scrap piece of paper that she found in her purse in the waiting room (sound familiar?) and then try to remember all of the information in her head that she was told by the doctors.

So, she created this Canadian focused family medical and health journal, where from birth parents can track appointments, questions for doctors, medications, growth and development and so much more.

Review: People who know me know that I am organized, well at least I think that there is method to my madness!!

But, the Get Organized! Family Medical Journal has taken my organization to the next level. I now have a place to store all of our pertinent and important health information, including immunization records, fingerprints and DNA for the kids. I keep the Get Organized! Family Medical Journal handy in the kitchen, so when I am thinking about any health related question, I can jot if down for the next time we are at the doctors.

I've also been taking the Get Organized! Family Medical Journal to the doctors for the past few visits and it's made the visits less stressful, as having a toddler running around the room, while I am trying to ask questions, or take down information about the appointment can be a challenge!

I really can't say enough about this product and it's creator! Jodie Pappas is up for the Savvy Mom Mompreneur award, and we've already voted for her -- and you can as well.

This journal would make a fabulous gift for a shower for a new mom, who for the first few months of her life seems to spend a lot of time at the doctors with new baby!

Right, now you can buy one get one free, if you buy directly from their website.